29 December 2013

Being Thankful & Goodbye 2013


Definition of thankful: pleased or grateful for something.

Ello everyone,

This year has brought to me so many things. Bad things and good things, but in the end everything seems to fit perfectly, and without them - including the bad things - this year wouldn't have been as great as it was.

My mum always told me that I've been living inside my bubble of happiness that protects me from all the awful things in this world, and that I don't know how the real world is, but that's not the truth. And even if I  know that I'm not the smartest girl around, I do know a few things. I would like to share with you in this post my secret of happiness.

It's not about ignoring the bad things that happen to you. It's not about doing therapies and looking yourself at the mirror and smile - although that may help -. It's not about all that stuff. My secret it's so simple, yet not so many people can realise it.

The key to happiness is being thankful. 

Just eight letters, just one word, but it has so much meaning. People's mistake is that they always take for granted what they have. They don't stop to think what could they be without it.

I personally believe that if you start to feeling grateful, you also start to feel more happy. And why's that? It's because you start to realise how many things you have - e.g: a house, someone who loves you, you eat everyday, you learn something everyday, etc. - and sometimes, and the most difficult part, it's to be grateful for the bad things. I know it sounds weird, but let me explain it.

I'll tell you a little piece of the story of my life. - can't stop singing 1D, sorry - Through all my life I had this person who psychologically attacked me a lot. It made me feel like I was noting and my esteem was gone. As I hadn't confidence in myself, I was always afraid of this human being and I could never defend or do anything for myself.

After some time, I began to heal all the injures that that individual made to me. And now I am proud to tell you that I'm so much stronger, and all thanks to that person. The scars lefts, made me the woman that I am now, and I wouldn't change anything. I believe that everything is for a reason, everything is perfect at the end. Maybe this person had to be mean to me so I would get stronger enough to confront a worst situation in the future. Who knows? Sometimes in the moment we see everything dark and horrible, but then, when we have made through it, we see that maybe it wasn't as bad as we saw it, we can see that it helped us instead.

I know that I shouldn't compare myself to other people, but my life has been so easy and happy compared to other ones. Don't think you're the one with the crappiest life, because there's always someone worst than you. Be grateful of the simplest things and you'll be happy all the time, everything will began to look like a gift, and definitely you'll receive everyday lots and lots of presents.

I am really grateful for this year, I've grew up as a person, I'm more mature now and I feel like if I could succeed anything. This year has been awesome, but 2014 will be better.

I wish you all the best for this new year! Hugs and kisses to everybody! Happy new year! :)





Don't be scared if you want to stalk me a little bit
Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Google +  |  Tumblr

2 comments:

  1. We think the same way : everything happens for a reason, and you'll always be stronger in the end :) I really enjoyed reading your post !

    enaihposa.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...