17 January 2014

Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


Vampire Academy


ADVERTISEMENT: SPOILERS

Ello everyone!

Just as I said first this post may have some spoilers and I'll probably share a lot of details. Now that we got that clear, let's get started!

So, I decided to read this book when I heard that they were making a film about it. It may not make sense at all to you but I always love to compare the book to the film. Sometimes it bothers me because they don't get all the details that are in the book in the film and sometimes, they just ruin the story - they make you believe that the book is as horrible as the film.

But, let's just jump to the book. So, this story is about Rose Hathaway, a dhampir - half vampire/half human - and Vasilisa - Lissa for short - Dragomir, a moroi - the best of bestest vampires, they're vampire's royalty. And well, Rose is Lissa's guardian - we could say a guardian is like a bodyguard - and they share a physic/mental connexion that is really uncommon and last time it happened was centuries ago. They'd escaped St. Vladimir's Academy - a vampire school - two years ago and now are living in the "human world".

The fun part starts when Dimitri Belikov, a guardian, has to take Rose and Lisa to the academy. Of course there's the romantic thing between Rose and Dimitri, but sadly it ends in nothing. I HATE the author!

Anyways, Rose and Lissa had escaped from the academy because it wasn't safe, and just when they return bad things start to happen - dead animals found, abductions, gossip (loads of it), magic and just teenager shit craziness - and Rose has to be the hero of he day - of course!

I didn't quite liked this book because it wasn't as romantic as I would like it to be - didn't end like I wanted too -, but I still enjoyed reading it.The story itself was good, I had never read something similar - and everybody knows how many vampire books there are out there - but I don't know if I want to read the second one, it just doesn't "call me".

I also saw the movie trailer and I can definitely tell that the film won't be similar to the book. They changed too much for my liking and I don't know ... I just hate films that don't respect the book story.




Comment below and tell me if you already had read the book or if you're going to watch the film this year!

Ps: Click on the picture to go to the official website.





Don't be scared if you want to stalk me a little bit
Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Google +  |  Tumblr

4 comments:

  1. I love these books! And I'm actually really excited for the movie!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do Rose and Dimitri actually end together??

      Delete
    2. I love the VA series too. Trust me it gets better. Super better especially when loads of plot twists came to place in the next books. You should give it a try. :)

      http://annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. Hahah alrighty! Frost Bite will be my "next to read" book! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...