11 May 2014

Review: El Zorro by Isabel Allende

Ello everybody!

I've been very busy as I've told you in my last post but as you know I can never stay away from books. My sister (who's in Denmark) told me that her Spanish professor - which by the way she's sooooo nice (and I know that because I talked to her on Skype once) - handed her a book ... and this book was El Zorro.

I don't know if you've heard about it before, but since Antonio Banderas made a film playing the role of THE Zorro, I'm sure you have. Well, so this story's about Diego de la Vega, but we don't hear of him till much later because the book starts with his father, Alejandro de la Vega and Regina - his wife -. Isabel Allende tell us their "love story" if it can be called like that and how Diego is welcomed to this world.

I must admit that all I wanted was to read Diego/Zorro's adventures and how he won every time against the bas guy but this book was more focussed on the way of how the character "Zorro" was born. I found all the characters were so "well made" - very realistic ... It's that even how it's said? - and I found some parts that that made me cry of laughing so hard and being honest, I was smiling like a fool when I finished this story.

I love the way Isabel wrote this book, I couldn't stop reading once I'd began. She has this way of saying things that make you unable to stop reading so I'm sure she has some kind of superpower or something hahah.

Anyway, I recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a quick read since the book is very interesting and entertaining - to the point of sometimes hilarious -.

The cover's from Isabel Allende's official web site. Click HERE to go to the official web site.





Don't be scared if you want to stalk me a little bit
Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Google +  |  Tumblr  |  Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...